I grew up in Philadelphia in a traditional Italian household with my father the bread winner and my mother the bread maker. It was in my home that I learned the importance of food, not just as a means of sustenance but as something to share with others and incorporate into celebrations of every kind. Our city garden was the perfect ‘fresh’ start but I longed for more ‘fresh’, for farms and quaint markets where local, raw ingredients would be readily available. I dreamed of owning my own business where I could incorporate such ingredients into dishes that would soothe the soul, nourish the body, and stimulate the mind.
My journey for “fresh” started in Lancaster County when I became the proprietor of an authentic bed and breakfast located in the heart of Amish country, where I learned that ‘local’ really was everything. Travelers came to ‘see and meet the locals’ and to buy home grown corn and other land favorites, and the locals sang their praises of their roots and why Lancaster county was the place to be, to raise a family, and enjoy the simple gifts that life and the land had to offer.
Now a resident of Lancaster County (for 28 years), surrounded by all that is scenic and natural, the mother of a beautiful daughter, and the proud founder and owner of Food For Thought Catering and Moonstone Manor, I am grateful for having conquered my quest for ‘fresh’. Food For Thought Catering offers innovative cuisine, using local and pure ingredients which yield earthy, rustic and mind-smart fare.
I’m excited to be able to obtain useful and fresh resources to share with my clients and to support an effort that is essential in healthful living. I look forward to making a wholesome difference.
Gina Dambrosio, founder/owner
2048 Zeager Road
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
* Partner, Lancaster Buy Fresh Buy Local
* LGH Smart Health for Women, preferred vendor
* Wedding Wire’s Bride’s Choice Award, 5 star rated
Food For Thought Catering (FFTC) at Moonstone Manor Packages include:
- Six butlered hors d’oeuvres
Butlered hors d’oeuvres are recommended and very well received, (they create nice movement and dimension to a party). Guests can walk around to explore and our staff can ‘cater’ to them wherever they are.
- A bountiful buffet, including two entrees, a variety of sides, veggies, starches, salads, etc.
- Samplings of hors d’oeuvres can be served to the bridal party during photos, if desired
- Complimentary vendor meals
- Option to take leftover food, if desired, provided a ‘leftover liability waiver’ is signed
- Non-alcoholic beverages, including assorted sodas, infused waters and specialty brewed iced teas, i.e. Earl Grey with lime and basil or lemon mint, and our signature rose water lemonade, ICE INCLUDED
- Non-alcoholic components of signature drinks, i.e. simple syrup, juices, fruit, etc.
- Hot beverage service, including regular and decaf coffee, tea, sugar, Splenda, lemons, cream
- All of the food station(s) and bar(s) equipment and supplies as needed, including coolers, ice buckets, scoops, display tubs, beverages samovars, hot beverage equipment/supplies, i.e. brewing units, carafes, chafers and sterno as needed, cassette feus, butane, commercial grill and propane if needed, all serving platters, utensils, and bussing station supplies
- Full staff including floor, kitchen and bussing/dishwashing staff, for prep, transport, set up, service, breakdown, clean up, and the packaging of all of your leftover food.
- Bartending staff is handled separately. We can recommend a professional bartending service which carries liability insurance and provides RAMP/TIP certified bartenders. In some instances, Food For Thought Catering is able to provide bartending services for an additional fee. In this case, RAMP/TIP certified bartenders are still required and the client must take out an event policy for the day.
- Trash and recycling removal
- Seasonal greens and tea lights for all food and beverage stations
- Assistance with rental ordering, including service-ware, tables, chairs, linens, etc.
- Installation of table linens, if desired.
- Consultations, ongoing planning, the preparation and delivery of revised proposals, walk through planning, floor/seating chart development, alcohol quantity guidance, and the set up/chilling/serving of client’s alcohol
You choose (additional):
- Service-ware-high quality disposable service-ware (pretty, clear, etched plates, “like silver” flatware, sturdy 9 oz. squat and 10 oz. tall tumbler glasses, four ply cocktail dinner napkins, and café style ‘hot’ cups if hot beverages are chosen) or rental service-ware (china plates, real flatware, real glassware and Irish coffee mugs)
- Bar set ups, including tonic, club, sodas, juices, bar fruit and condiments, if needed (only needed with full bar service)
- Dessert sampler, if desired
- Linen service can be obtained through Hess Rental or brought in from another source of your choice. Food For Thought Catering will be happy to help with your linen order to ensure you have what you need when you place your order with the linen company of your choice.
Menu options are available upon request. See our sample breakfast/brunch and lunch menu ideas.
We encourage you to meet with a FFTC event planner for help with menu planning and to discuss details and costs.